This morning, EU Commission President Barroso delivered his “State of the Union” (text, video). We at Bloggingportal.eu have called for a Barroso Buzzword/Bullshit Bingo to be played, and I have proposed my own list of 10 words/phrases to be said during the speech.
Here is how I succeeded:
- Europe 2020 – check 1x
- Crisis – check 2x English, 10x French
- EU tax – not exactly, but: “savings tax within the European Union“
- EFSF – check 4x
- Solidarity – check 5x
- Leadership – check 3x
- Credible currency – not exactly, but: “a really credible euro area“
- Fiscal consolidation – check 1x
- Commitment – check 2x English, 1x French (“engagement”)
- Necessary actions – not exactly, but “the instruments necessary“
That gives me 7 out of 10 possible points, with some bonus for close hits… 🙂
PS.: The speech was better than the one last year, better written and with a better delivery. Let’s see whether words will be followed by actions.